Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Sweet Dreams Video...Mostly A Nightmare

I am not hating, I'm really really really not, but Beyonce (who I love) did not have a success in the latest video for her single "Sweet Dreams." My first initial thought was, "this is going to be good," but yet again the Beyonce Knowles group skimps on money and gives us some studio digitally enhanced graphic techno image mess. In the world of creativity what is going on! I mean I adore the song "Sweet Dreams," it's absolutely beautiful, but the video in no way reflects the songs tone. What did I just watch, and you can see exactly what I mean if you visit the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuO7A0jYI4g
It began okay, there was sleeping and then we were supposed to be transported into this BEAUTIFUL NIGHTMARE within Beyonce's mind but I think they took the term beautiful nightmare way to literal. It just looked cheap for no reason, the back up dancers need to stop at least for one video LOL, and I just didn't get some of the dancing????!?!?! 
...But you know what, the video was a success because while I hated most of it, I loved Beyonce's look, so I guess it was kind of a beautiful nightmare video kind of thing LOL. No but seriously we can go anywhere in the world and we dance in a studio to make a music video. Dear Beyonce, let me help you out with your video concepts because you are dwindling the spark that is also known as the Beyonce experience! I really didn't want to have to do this blog on this, especially since the last blog I did on Beyonce but you know some things just need to be talked about it. These celebrities don't think we notice their little sneaky tricks, it's a recession but Beyonce you are doing fine! Can we the people at least get a good pricey video, your beautiful but these stunts will only hurt your career. You can do better, I know you can.
-Diana G.

No comments: